Saturday 17 April 2010

Another Possibility


I have been thinking. If my sniffer-cat job is not possible, I could be a stand-in (or sit-in) lion in Trafalgar Square.


I am sure the lions there need a wee holiday every now and then because sitting around all day doing nothing must be very tiring, so I could offer my services as relief lion. I have been practicing the pose and I think I have perfected it and if you look at today's picture, I am sure you will agree.


If my DH could put wheels on my pet carrier and my MH makes me some sandwiches and gives me my paw-ket money, I could just nip down to London for a wee while and strut my stuff. I think I am ideally suited for this position because I love having my picture taken and I adore being fussed over.


Picture the scene, dear reader. Millions of people in Trafalgar Square taking pictures of the lions and then one of them nips off for a wee rest and yours truly takes over with an adorable nonchalance that comes with knowing that I can do whatever I put my mind to. I will be the talk of the entire world and may even be on the 'and finally' bit of News At Ten.


That would be magic watching myself on my television. I must learn to sign paw-tographs as I am sure I will become a STAR!


Pussy cat, pussy cat where have you been?

I've been to London, that's where I've been.

Pussy cat, pussy cat what did you there?

I was a lion in Trafalgar Square.


Now I know if you look at today's photo, you will see that I am facing a wall. Well, it was only when I got up on the wee wall that I realised that the scenery had disappeared, but then I remembered my dear friend Button's advice and pretended that I had intended doing just that, but I can tell you now, dear feline family, I was frightened to do anything in case I fell off the wall!


Memo to self. More wall walking practice.

2 comments:

  1. Oh be careful what you wish for Squeak! My person comes from near London and she has tales of giant fire breathing machines -millions of them..... and I think your white paws will get awfully dirty with all that pollution. Though there are lots of very fat pigeons to chase. Your friend Button

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you once again Button for your wise comments. I do appreciate your taking time to help me. I know how busy you can be.
    I am keeping my paw-ptions open until I find out what I am REALLY good at.

    ReplyDelete