Friday 2 April 2010

Oops!


For this post I will take my dear friend Button's advice. I know we haven't met yet, but I am sure we will be friends and swap many a mouse and human tale in the years to come.

Anyway, if you are a cat reading this, I have made my first slip up but if you are of a human disposition, then it was just another part of my basic survival training.

Yesterday, in Maison Squeak, it was all go as it was a cleaning day and everything that stood still was either hoovered, washed or dusted, so me and my daddy human kept on the move---just in case. Also, I wanted to further my skills by following her and jumping from place to place---I almost frightened the old dear out of her (few) wits at one point---and I had to make sure all this work was done to meet my rather exacting standards.

All of this had gone well and I was feeling very pleased with myself, and on reflection, perhaps just a tad over-cocky because when she went into the big cupboard to get clean towels, it all became unstuck.

As you know, curiosity is one of our more endearing traits and so I sidled into the cupboard unbeknown to her dear self and began some more exploratory work.

Now I know all the older and wiser felines among you will be sighing and there will be much rolling of eyes, but please remember I am still very little etc. etc. and have to learn that if I sneak in, she doesn't see me, and if she doesn't see me, she doesn't know I am there, and if she doesn't know I am there, she can't make sure I am out. See?

So! Oft she went again on her cleaning way, gaily humming to herself, and shut the door with me stuck in the cupboard. I never made a sound, not one single miaow, in fact I think I was a wee bit shell-shocked and it was dark in there so I was a wee bit frightened.

However, I did find a ladder ( it is quite a big cupboard! ) and practiced my climbing skills until I managed to reach nearly to the top of the ladder where I perched until I was released.

I could hear my humans calling, but decided to play the game a wee bit longer, when suddenly my mummy human remembered where she had been (apparently this is an unusual occurrence) and opened the door to find me up the ladder trying to open the loft hatch.

My how we did laugh!! Naturally there are no pictures of this escapade so today's offering is an action shot of yours truly.

1 comment:

  1. I am pleased to hear that you safely escaped imprisonment in the cupboard. Climbing ladders is good fun. Even more fun is sitting at the top pretending you can't get down and when someone comes up to get you, jump over their heads - but you'd better run cos they are not best pleased. No sense of humour some humans. Anyway I like you new profile picture. I see you have reached "Advanced Sleeping" - this is good in one so young. However it requires quite a bit of practice - best done during the day so you can entertain your people in the wee small hours of the night when they have nothing better to do..... Yours Button

    ReplyDelete