Tuesday 4 May 2010

Bits and Pieces


Another funny day. It has been raining again, but it wasn't too heavy so I still went out to play in my jungle and had some good fun before I decided to go home and write the next chapter of my best seller.


I was also a bit disappointed today because I think there was supposed to be a celebration but the rain spoiled that. I think it might have been my MH's birthday 'cos she said she was going to varnish the bench in her birthday suit so that it wouldn't spoil her good clothes, but it rained so she didn't put her suit on. Humans are odd, or is it just mine?


And as you all know by now, Tuesday is weighing day, and I am still the same weight as last week and my Wii Mii told me I was a very good pussy cat, so it must be true. Today's picture is yours truly reclining after a stressful day hunting and composing.



Chapter 2.

Squeak couldn't stay still any longer and as she looked down ready to jump, she saw what looked like a large brown pin cushion on the ground.

'I don't know what Sammy is making such a fuss about' she thought to herself. 'I'm off to have a closer look.'

With Sammy Seagull still squawking and flapping furiously, Squeak leaped off the fencepost and landed with a soft thud just a little way behind the pin cushion, thinking: 'I will show Sammy what a brave puss cat I am and I'll tackle this pin cushion. So here goes.'

Just as she started to creep towards it, the pin cushion suddenly moved, giving Squeak the most ginormous fright and she leaped so high that she nearly landed back up on the fence post!

'WHOA' she thought. 'I may be young (and adorable) but I do know that pin cushions aren't supposed to walk. What is this 'thing'? I need to investigate.'

Sammy Seagull was very quiet as he watched all of this happening, and he had a horrible feeling that he knew just what was going to happen to his little friend, but he also knew that when Squeak made up her mind, no-one could stop her.

Squeak crouched on the ground and tried to remember what she had learned in her 'Cat Attack Annual' about how to ambush unsuspecting creatures and she just hoped it would work on this 'thing'.

Number one--ears flat against head-check; number two--little knees bent and tummy as near the ground as possible-check; number three--tail wagging furiously at a jaunty angle-check; and number four waggle perfectly formed little behind-check. And spring!

'AAARGH' meowed Squeak as she sniffed the pin cushion and felt a sharp stab on her little nose. 'What was that?'

The pin cushion started to laugh and Sammy also laughed and he laughed so much he nearly fell off the roof he had perched on. This made Squeak really angry and she stamped her wee paws and swished her tail angrily.

'Why are you laughing at me and who are you?' she yowled

The pin cushion unfurled itself and looking up at Squeak with a huge grin on his face said

'Hi Squeak. I am Henry Hedgehog.'

After a minute or two Squeak began to think that this was really quite funny too and she also started to laugh and soon a hedgehog, a seagull and a kitten were all sitting on the grass rocking with laughter.....

No comments:

Post a Comment