Thursday 27 May 2010

I Have Discovered.....



.....pancakes! Oh, my dear feline friends, I am in pussy cat heaven! I didn't know that my MH made a mean pancake until today and I hope she makes them every day.

I asked her what she was doing and she told me that I could watch, but I couldn't help 'cos it wasn't good for puss cats to be playing with flour and stuff, so I sat and watched for a wee while but it wasn't very exciting so I went out to play, but I stayed in my garden just in case I missed anything.

And boy, am I glad I did! For very soon the most delicious smell came wafting towards my little nose and dragged me into the house, and it was there that I saw them, and smelled them. Pancakes!!

My MH told me all about them and said that she had to leave them on the shelf to cool and I was not to touch them, and I agreed. Now. At this point I really meant it, and I didn't even have my wee claws crossed behind my back 'cos I am normally a good puss, but the phone went and my human had to answer it, and it was then that it all got too much for me and I HAD to have one.

So. Since MH had her back turned talking to the phone, before you could say 'Squeak is adorable' I had nipped up on to the shelf, grabbed a pancake and was just escaping out the door when she saw me. Oh my, my, was she annoyed, but oh my, my, was it ever worth it!!

I didn't go home for a wee while---just in case, but later on I nipped back in the window and when she was sitting on my couch, I sat on her knee, looked up at her with my sweetest smile and gave her my bestest purr with the squeak in it --that's where I got my name--and she was gone. Melted, and smiling and not angry any more.

BUT! She has moved the pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment