Sunday 16 May 2010

Something New


As I am getting older, and as the days are getting longer and a wee bit warmer, I am outside lots and lots and I am having great fun.
There are lots of animals on my wee island and I have told you about the big bull in the field next to my house. Well, he has some lady cows in with him now, so that should keep him happy, but I am still not getting too close to him---just in case!

I have also seen a wee baby cow and it was beautiful, but it was big. It was much bigger than me and I am getting quite old now. I wonder if I will ever be that size? I guess it will depend on how many dinners I can eat. There are lots of sheep and little lambs are being born every day, and even they are bigger than me. Sigh!

But the strangest thing I have seen is a peacock and he was so beautiful. I think I might be in love! When I was out playing, I kept hearing a strange noise like a very big cat meowing and I decided I would need to go and investigate because as well as being adorable, I am desperate to learn and I am also very inquisitive. So I packed some food and water 'cos I didn't know where I was going or how long it would take me or what I would find when I got there. I even left my humans a wee farewell note in case I didn't get back. (sob!) And oft I went.

Well after hours and hours of travelling through fields and rough grass, I arrived at the source of the strange noise. (It seemed like hours and hours to me, but when I looked at the map when I got home again, it was only about a quarter of a mile away or even less so it must have taken me about fifteen minutes. But remember, I only have little legs!)

Anyway, I had finally arrived and had just sat down to have my picnic when 'the noise' started again, and that's when I saw him! The most beautiful peacock in the en-tire world and he was standing right beside me. Oh my little heart was pounding! Mind you, it could have been because I had jumped very high when I heard the noise so close to me!

We introduced ourselves and I asked him about the very long tail which I could see, and he opened it all out for me and my eyes nearly popped out of my little head! It was amazing and he did it a few more times for me before I decided that I needed to start the long journey home again, because I wanted to be home before winter!

I was so excited on the way home and I kept trying to open up my tail like the peacock, but I couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried.

Do you think it will work if I keep practicing?

No comments:

Post a Comment