Sunday 2 May 2010

An Up-and-Down Day




I wakened up and noticed that the sun was shining and someone had switched off the wind, so I decided that I would spend all day outside. After a quick breakfast I headed for the door and out into the garden, and it was beautiful. Just what I have been waiting for all these weeks!



All was going well until the humans arrived. I thought they had come out to play with me and that maybe we could have a picnic. How wrong was I!! Five minutes later the terrible lawn mower and strimmer appeared out of the shed. Not all by themselves, you understand. Each had a human behind it. DH had the strimmer and MH had the lawn mower and I had the headache!


What a noise they made cutting away all the lovely grass plus all the wee daisies that I had been playing with. At least they didn't attack my jungle 'cos they just stayed inside our fence, so that wasn't TOO bad. But, oh, it went on for ages 'cos we have a lot of grass, and I was just getting ready to phone the cat cruelty man, when it suddenly stopped. Wonderful!


I removed my ear-plugs and ventured outside again and all was quiet, and I must say, my garden looked lovely.


The day improved from then on, 'cos my humans stayed outside, and this time they did play with me so we all had great fun before I left them to do the day's hunting, but I kept nipping back to see what they were up to.



My DH was working in his greenhouse and still talking to the plants and MH planted some wee seeds in the big box at the window, then she got a HUGE bucket of paint and started to paint our bench, and her shoes, and her trousers and her jacket. She even managed to get some on her face, and we have a lot of red about the place now. I didn't say anything to her 'cos I didn't want to be a black and white and red cat!


We all stayed outside for hours and hours and then I had a visit from a wee girl who wanted to see me 'cos we hadn't met yet, so she came up to my house and we played together with all my toys before she had to go away again. She thinks I am adorable too! By that time, I was quite a tired puss cat, so I just had a wee feed and went into my wee hoose for a nap.


It had been a good day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment