Wednesday 20 April 2011

What a Day!



It all started off quite quietly and as it was nice outside, I did some exploring and outdoor sniffing which I love.

My MH was away out for a wee while and my DH was working in his greenhouse, so I was able to nip in and out and see what he was doing, and all was well with my little world, until the Boss came home and changed everything!!

Now, as you know, I love my MH dearly, but not when she decides it is time to cut the grass, and that is just what she did! My little island had been all peace and quiet and she ruined the silence with the awful lawn mower, and then of course she expects my DH to bring out the awful-er strimmer and the peace of the EN-TIRE island was shattered!

And to crown it all, there was a cockerel just outside my garden and he was busy doing his 'cock-a-doodle-do-ing' to add to all the commotion. I tell you dear feline friends, I was nearly packing my wee case and leaving home!

Eventually the mower and the strimmer stopped, but the cockerel was still shouting, so I decided to take matters into my own hands---well, paws, and off I went for a showdown. Now, he is quite a big bird, and I am quite a little puss, but I rounded him up like the sheepdogs do and I just sort of shepherded him away from my gate and off he went, and I returned victorious to total peace and quiet.

Ah, the joy of a quiet Spring day. Long may it continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment