Wednesday 14 November 2012

A Routine Change


I have been having some long thinks about life changing routines and I am now going to start trying them all out to see which one suits me best.

Since it is now nearly winter it is getting cold for me and my humans and while they can put on extra jumpers and things, you have to admit that I would look a tad silly with extra clothes on. I would still be adorable, but a wee bit silly looking. Hence the thinking!

It gets dark very early now and my MH had to put the lights on at three o'clock today and when it is is in the full winter, she sometimes has to pull the curtains about four o'clock in the afternoon, and I will tell you all about the gales later on 'cos that is another story altogether and this one is about ME!

So. My first plan which I tried out today is this. I shall waken my MH early in the morning and ask for a little light breakfast so that if the weather is fairly clement, I shall venture out into the quiet and the dark and see what the new day has brought to my little island. I shall return when I find I am in need of a cuddle or a biscuit or a snooze and I shall take to my bed for the rest of the day unless we have visitors and then I shall do the polite and honourable thing and greet them and allow them to adore me.

If, however, I am undisturbed, I shall sleep in whichever bed I feel most comfortable, even if this means moving around my house at regular intervals, since the appearance of the awful vacuum cleaner often necessitates this.

I shall snooze until it is time for my evening feed and then I shall lie on the back of my couch while my humans watch the television, and after a short seat on my MH's knee, I shall go outside to hunt and sniff and observe until it is time for a seat in the warmth of my house. I shall go in and out a few times during the evening until it is time for my night time sleep when I curl up beside my MH.

If I feel energetic enough during the day, I shall endeavour to get my humans to play with me and my toys and I must say, they generally jump at my first asking so I have no problems on that score.




That is plan A and to be honest, I haven't thought of a plan B yet, but I will do a bit of thinking and let you know what I come up with.

I am also open to any tried and tested suggestions if you feel like sharing these.

No comments:

Post a Comment