Thursday 19 December 2013

Big Blow


Well, what a night we had last night! My little weather man friend said it was going to be very, very windy on my little island, and oh my, was he right!

We had gale force winds all night and I didn't even think of going outside. I put my intrepidness under the Christmas tree and left it there.

We were all sitting watching my television and trying to pretend there was no wind when suddenly all our lights went off and we were left in pitch blackness trying to remember where my DH had left the torch!

Now, it wasn't the fact that it was nearly a storm outside that annoyed my dear old MH, and it wasn't even the fact that we had no Hydro which meant we had no lights, no heating, no television and what is much, much worse, no electric blanket! that upset the old dear. Oh no. What really did it was the fact that she had been watching a television programme and last night was the second part and the two parts together added up to three hours. Are you following me, dear feline and human friends? Well, she had seen two and three quarter hours of her programme when, ping! oft went the telly with fifteen minutes of her programme still to go!

Oh dear, oh dear, to say she was not too pleased is a slight understatement. She was jumping, but when she calmed down and stopped jumping, she said she will watch it later on her computer. Phew!

We all went to bed early and the power kept coming on and going off and the wind kept storming at us, so me and my MH had to go and sleep in the study again for a while. You don't need to ask about my DH 'cos you already know the answer. "What wind?" says he. Hee hee. Anyway, by the time we all got up this morning, the wind was only a gale and the power was back on so we had lights and heat which was fine.

We have had a good day although we have been inside for most of the time except when I decided to have a wander round my garden for about half an hour and I might head out again before bedtime, although it is still a tad windy, so we will just need to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment