Friday 30 May 2014

My Hero


My MH!! Yep. My dear old wonderful MH saved my life tonight and I love her to bits for it. Now, I know you need to learn all the details, so I shall wait till you are settled comfortably and then I shall tell you. Ready? OK

It has been a lovely day on my little island and this afternoon was just so beautiful that I wanted to be outside all the time, and off I went through my fence and was very happily playing in the long grass being a very good little Squeak until I decided it was time to go home and tell my MH what a good time I had been having, and it was then that disaster struck. Well, very nearly.

I was gaily romping through the long grass on my merry way home and I was humming a little tune to my adorable little self while my little wagger was waving in the wee breeze, and then suddenly I got dived bombed by two horrid, horrid swallows! Oh my dear friends, I thought I would never see my house or my beloved humans again 'cos every time I tried to move, these awful birdies swooped down on me and I had to lie flat so that they couldn't reach me. I was frightened and every time I tried to run, I couldn't 'cos the birdies were very fast, so I just had to lie there in the long grass.

Now, it so happened that earlier in the afternoon my MH had done her washing and we hanged it out on the rope to dry and just at the very right time, she decided to bring it in again and that's when she heard the noise the birdies were making and she stopped to see what they were shouting at and it was then that she saw me lying in the grass with the birdies circling just above me and that made her very, very angry 'cos she loves me loads and doesn't want anything to hurt me.

So, she called my name and the sound of her voice must have told the birdies that they were in trouble 'cos the flewed away and I ran as fast as my adorable (frightened) little legs would take me, right through the fence and up beside my MH who picked me up and gave me a great big cuddle and told me everything would be fine now. Phew! My hero!!I do hope that these pesky swallows will leave me alone now 'cos I didn't like that one little bit.

My day had been good up until then 'cos my DH was away to the Cat Shop and my MH was down at the Hall 'cos the minister had come to see everybody, so I was just doing anything that I wanted to do and I already had played in her guitar case which I love 'cos it is all furry and cosy and I think I could easily make it my bed if my MH would let me, but I don't think she will somehow. :-))


I am hoping that when I go out to play later on I will be left in peace 'cos I don't want to hurt the birdies, but if they keep doing bad things to me, then I shall have to show them who is the boss, and there is only one boss here. My MH! Hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment