Saturday 9 August 2014

Ding, Dong Pussy Cat


Now, those of you who know me, will have gathered from today's heading that I got soaking wet again last night and I was indeed 'ringing'. I was ringing very loudly I can tell you---and I shall.

It was quite a fine evening when this adorable little pussy cat ventured out for my usual perambulation of my estate and I didn't go too far away. I am always aware that the humans might need me to scoot back at any given minute to help them, so I tend to stay fairly close to my house until I see that the lights have gone out and then I know they are safely tucked up in their little beds. Ah, Bless!

I was having a sniff at the various bits of grasses and things when suddenly the rain came on as hard as I have seen it. My MH said the heavens opened, but no matter how hard I looked up, I couldn't see a door, so I think she might be havering a wee bit again. Anyway, I don't know where it was coming from, but I knew it was all falling down on this adorable little body, and this adorable little body did not like it one little bit.

I tried to find a bit of shelter and thought I might hide until it went off again, but it stayed on for a long, long time and I just wanted to go home. So. I tooked a very deep breath and ran as fast as my four little legs could carry me and dived in through my living room window landing with a soggy 'plop' on my carpet, and I was wet. Oh my dear friends, I was W-E-T!!!

I knew I would never get myself dry, so I carefully jumped up onto my MH. Well, as carefully as a soaking wet pussy cat CAN jump, and I think I might have dripped a bit on her 'cos she jumped up very quickly. Between you and me, I didn't know she could move that quickly! Hee hee However, being a very clever and astute MH, she realised that I needed some help and went away and got a ginormous bath towel which she wrapped me up in and gave me a great big cuddle and I must admit I liked it a lot, and it was worth getting soaking wet for. My DH saw us and said I looked really cute with my adorable little head sticking out of this great big towel, but he was too late getting the camera 'cos I had decided I was dry and scooted off for a wee feed. Sorry DH, but my little tummy comes first!


It has been a very quiet day today and we have all been doing things inside although I have been in and out a few times, and as you can see, I have just had a wash after my dinner and I am now going to have a snooze before I head out again later on, but I am just hoping that I don't get wet again.Once in a while is enough, thank you very much.

Here is a picture of some of my little birdie friends having their dinner this afternoon.I like this picture and I asked my MH to let you see it, so I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment