Friday 17 April 2015

Now I know....


..... that I keep telling you that I have the bestest of days, but today really was the bestest ever. It was a lovely day and my DH decided he would go shopping into Kirkwall so it was just me and the old dear today and we had great fun.

Because it was nice and warm, she decided that we would go out into the garden and she trimmed the honeysuckle bush while I helped her lots. I had to be careful 'cos it was rather dangerous. She had ginormous sized scissors and just as she was about to cut a bit of the bush, I sometimes ran at it so I had to be very careful that I didn't get pruned as well! But you will be happy to know that I am still the same size as I was when she started!


I helped her to clean the outsides of the windows and that's when the nice farmer lady from next door came to see us and we all had a chat and she gave me a wee cuddle which I liked. She went away when they had finished chatting, but five minutes later she was back with this beautiful little lamb and we had great fun together. I have been up close to some little sheeps before but never as close as this one and you can see from the angle of my adorable little wagger that I am a little on edge, but I needn't have worried 'cos we got on famously and I was a very happy puss.


The farmer lady was talking about the two lady cows in my field and she said they were both called Daisy, so I wandered over to them so that we could be properly introduced. I decided that I would give them a number as well as a name and I called one Daisy 1 and she called me Squeak. I called the other one Daisy 2 and she called me Squeak too! Get it? I think it is a brilliant joke and I love it.


After the lady farmer went away me and my MH sat outside in the sun for a while and we could hear the birdies singing and we liked it a lot so we just sat there for a long time and it was lovely.

I am hoping to go and see the Daisys later but the little lamb is in another field so I might wait until tomorrow and than I will try to find it, or maybe the Daisys will be able to tell me.

So can you see why my day so far has been absolutely fantastic and why I just LOVE the Springtime and the summer? It is just the magicest time ever!

2 comments:

  1. Squeak, your little lamb-friend has the same colouring as your furs, even down to little white feets!

    How clever of Mrs Farmer to bring a lambkin that matches your adorable self (kinda). Sending care and huggles,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that little lamb, Michelle and the nice lady farmer is looking for a name for it. I told her 'Socks' and she quite liked that so maybe my little friend will be called Socks.

    Lots of purrs and squeaks and a hello from my MH

    ReplyDelete