Wednesday 29 April 2015

Quackers


I had visitors to my house today. Birdie visitors and human visitors, so I have been a very happy little puss.

As my DH was getting ready to go away to the Cat Shop, he looked out of my living room window and there, in the field right outside my garden, were the three ducks who have been wandering around for a few days. They belong to my MH's friend M. but they told me that there aren't any lovely pussy cats there, so they prefer to come to see me. Understandable, is it not?


Anyway, we all stood at the window and watched them for a while and then it was time for the old boy to go away on the boat and I went out to play for a while and I did look for the ducks but they weren't there any more and to tell the truth I was a wee bit sad as I was looking forward to a chat with them. My MH decided to spend the day with me and she just did a tiny bit of work but then the rest of the day was mine and that made me happy. We both got a surprise when my MH's friend came to see us and we all had a chat but the best bit for the old dear was that her friend M. brought her a cream cake. She didn't bring anything for me! Not a happy Squeak.

They had a chat for a while and then when M. went away, I decided to go out to play again and just as I was doing a brilliant jump out of my living room window, I saw that the ducks were back. Now, normally I would just have wandered over to them to introduce my adorable little self, but when I saw that they were trying to eat some of the food that the little birdies had spilled I decided to chase them away and my MH tooked this picture for you. I would never hurt them you know, but I know the little birds need their dinner and I didn't like the ducks eating it all up, so I was just being a good Squeak. As I always am!


Later in the afternoon me and the Boss went into the gym again and she made her little legs walk on the treadmill. I did a lot of sniffing and exploring while she did a lot of walking and then we played on the grass for a while before we wandered round to the front of my house to see if the ducks had come back, but I think they must have gone to their own house. Maybe they needed their dinner.


I hope I will see them tomorrow as I need to tell them that they cannot eat the food we put out for the little birdies. That's just not fair, sure it's not? But they need to know that I wouldn't be unkind to them and that I want to be their friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment