Tuesday 30 March 2010

Training Begins


I have been here on Graemsay now for two whole weeks, so I have decided that the honeymoon period is well and truly over, and the serious business of training should begin.

My daddy human has built me a climbing frame and that is me with it in today's picture. It has lots of super things for me to play with and to catch, and I can climb and jump and scratch. This seems to be important to my humans, because for some obscure reason, they don't like me trying this on the furniture---or on their fairly new leather couch---ooops!!

In order for them to feel part of this regime, I let them help me by swinging said toys around and letting me pounce on them, for, as all cats know, this is VERY important.

I am also a very good jumper and I practice this early in the morning, and this morning was no exception. Sometimes I jump from the top of the human's bed and land on my mummy human's feet, although they are under quite a few layers of bedclothes, so it's OK.

However, this morning, I decided to try it another way. So. I crept down to the bottom of the bed and jumped up the way landing on her chest! Well, she landed in the kitchen without her feet touching the bedroom floor----my, my, it was SO funny, although I was the only one chuckling and when she glowered at me, I pretended I was sneezing--he, he, he!

There is no point at all in trying to wake my daddy human as he would sleep through a brass band in the bedroom---but enough of my mummy's funny little ways!

So, at 5:45am, after she had collected her wits, her glasses, her dressing gown and rushed to the toilet, I finally got fed, and then began the training programme for the day, so mouses of the world beware--I have arrived!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah good Squeak - you are beginning as you mean to go on. AttaGirl!

    ReplyDelete