Saturday 14 April 2012

Boxed In



This was me yesterday when my MH came back from the pier with our messages---cat food for me, cakes for my MH and beers for my DH as well as other 'stuff' to keep us going through the week. My humans get their messages every Friday and the boat brings them over from Stromness.

The boat comes every day and sometimes more than once a day, but on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday it carries heavy things that need to be lifted off with the crane, like fridges and washing machines and things like that, and on those days most people get their messages (groceries) but my humans like a Friday and that's when I get a box or string to play with.

I do like a Friday. As soon as the box is empty--whoosh!--I am inside exploring and pretending I am a pirate pussy cat or a stowaway on a magic ship or that I am some very precious cargo (which I am of course!) and I have good fun and it makes my humans laugh.

I have been out playing today but it is cold and I have been hailed on more than once, and I had to be dried when I came in 'cos all the bits of hail were sitting melting on my adorable little back, so I just stood beside my MH until she made me all dry, and then she played with me and warmed me up again and I purred to say thank you.

As well as adorable, I am polite. Quite perfect, really!

No comments:

Post a Comment