Thursday 13 February 2014

A Surprise


I was helping my MH today when she was changing the beds 'cos you all know I like when she does that. I hide under all the clothes and I let my MH tickle me and catch me and I am sure it helps the old dear get her work done a lot quicker, so that's how my day started.

My MH bent down to pick something up and she saw my little green ball lying under the bed. I had lost it for a long time, but that is quite normal. I play with it 'cos it has been my very favourite toy since I was a baby puss and for those of you who don't know about my wee green ball, I shall explain.


When I was a brand new puss cat and came to my forever home, my humans bought me lots of toys and one was a wee green mouse which had four wee green balls for hands and feets, and when I was playing with it, one of the little balls came off and I discovered that I could carry it all around my house and so I have done that for my en-tire life. But sometimes, I put it down and I can't remember where, so it gets lost until my humans move something and we find it again. See?

So it was found today and it always makes me the happiest puss when I find it and play with again, so my day started off very well. I went out a couple of times with my DH to the greenhouse, but it wasn't really a day for playing outside, so when my MH said she was going to the gym, I decided I would just stay in my house until she came home again and I sat on the back of my couch just waiting for her and it was then that I saw hundreds of starlings in front of my house.

When my DH was in Stromness yesterday he bought some bird seed and put it out in the feeder and all the little birdies found it today and had a big feast. I just sat and watched them, but my little wagger was twitching at them!

Me and my MH played some more in the afternoon and now I am having a rest on my couch before I decide whether I will go outside later on or not. It is a wee bit wet, but I need to get out, so I think I shall probably be very brave and head out into the big field at the side of my house.


But I won't take my little green ball with me 'cos that's for indoors and if I lost it in the grass I would never find it again and I think that might make me a wee bit sad.

And we definitely don't want that now, do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment