Wednesday 30 December 2015

What a Night!


My dear little weather man friend was very right when he told us that there was going to be a big gale on my little island. It was the biggest one for a long time and I didn't like it at all. I just snuggled up on the couch beside my MH and hoped it would go away, but it waited until this afternoon before it blew away to somewhere else.

Last night, while it was blowing, my MH went away to have her shower and 'cos it was nearly bed-time, she put our blanket on and a wee while later the naughty wind blew all our lights off and we just went to bed, but at least it was a wee bit warm. The lights came on later so my house didn't get cold too much, but I snuggled up as close as I could get. I wasn't taking any chances!


When we got up this morning, we had a look to see if there was any damage, but everything seemed to be fine except for this old car which got the bonnet blowed right up. MY DH says he will need help to get it down again. And we lost a dustbin. It was outside with a great big concrete block inside it to stop it from blowing away, but the bin and the concrete are nowhere to be seen. Oh deary me!!


Needless to say, I stayed in my house nearly all of the day, but as it is a lot less blowy tonight, I shall venture out before bedtime.


I don't know if I will be able to write to you tomorrow or the next day, but me and my humans would like to wish you all a very happy and healthy new year and I will look forward to telling you all about my adventures in 2016.

Happy New Year, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment