Saturday 2 January 2016

A New Year


... but the same Squeak. I have had a lovely time and I hope you have had a good time too. I like the number 2016 and I think it will be a good year for us all.


My humans went away out on Thursday night to the nice farmer man next door 'cos he and the nice farmer lady always have a party for all the islanders to see in the new year. It was a bit blowy so the window had to stay closed so I wasn't able to hear all the boats in the harbour when they all let off their horns and hooters at midnight, but my MH said it was quite a sound and she liked it lots. They didn't stay out too long and when they came home, I got a great big new year's cuddle which made me very happy.


I did something today that I have never done before and it made my humans gasp with surprise, but I won't be allowed to do it again. My MH had put some crisps and nibbles on our coffee table and as I was walking past it, I got a sniff of something that I liked but had never sniffed before, so I nipped up onto the table to see what it was and I discovered----Twiglets!! oh, I am in love! Not so much with the taste, more with the smell, 'cos my MH gave me a tiny, tiny but which I licked but didn't eat. My humans had to put them out of my reach and they think there might be catnip in them. Hee hee


It was indeed a very happy new year for me and I have been playing with my MH and my toys today and have had a lovely time and she has promised that the rest of this year will be good fun too.

I hope your year is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment