Thursday 24 October 2013

Fearless


That's what I have been today. Absolutely fearless.

The weather on my little island has been horrendous and my little weather man friend says it might get worse, so I lay on my couch and had a long think to my adorable little self. Should I just become a couch pussy cat and let the bad weather beat me, or should I be an intrepid little Squeak and brave the elements to go outside and play?

I had a long argument with myself and decided that I was brave and fearless and intrepid and outside! So, oft I went and played in my garden and then I went into the field where the nice farmer man next door keeps all his roondy bales and I play in among them 'cos it is nice and sheltered and quite warm too and there are lots of little mouses for me to talk to when I am there, so I had great fun and I have decided that the wind and rain will not stop me from doing what I want to do. So there, decision made!

When I came back inside, my MH had finished all her work and so we played on the floor with all my toys for a long time and I had great fun and I think the old dear was happy too.

                        

Now, I have a new friend, A. and my friend has never seen sheeps and asked me what baby sheeps looked like, and because I am something of an authority on them, I thought I would give you the benefit of my wisdom.

When they are brand new and just born, they are all small and their four little legs are all wobbly and they stay right beside the mummy sheep where they sleep a lot and drink the milk from their mummy. Now I am not sure where the mummy sheep keeps the tap for the milk, but I will find out and let you know.

The baby sheeps grow up quite fast and as they get a wee bit older, they start to play with some of the other sheeps in the field and they run round and round and round and they do funny jumps and leaps and that's when I love playing with them, but then a mummy sheep will shout 'baa' and all the babies run back to their own mummy for some milk and a cuddle and  I run home to my MH, but we have all had a great time.

I am afraid that when they baby sheeps grow up, they are not much fun, so I just love when it is Spring time and there are brand new little lambs in my fields all ready to play with yours truly.

I hope this has helped you understand a wee bit more about lambs and sheeps, but if you want to learn more, just ask. :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment